The following are a few tips for starting a smoke store: – Use the right kind of store.
You need a shop that’s not a drug store or a pawn shop.
You can’t have a drugstore and a pawnshop, for example, and not have a shop for cigars.
– Get a permit to sell tobacco.
You don’t need a permit for selling tobacco to anyone under the age of 18, but it’s better than nothing.
– You can have up to seven people working at a shop.
If you have a smoker in your shop, you’ll need to let everyone leave at least 10 minutes before closing.
– Smoke shops are required to wear safety glasses.
You’ll need them for smoking, but you can’t smoke indoors.
– Don’t put your cigar out on a table.
It can catch on fire.
– Always store your cigars in a cool, dry place.
You should never put your cigars out in a warm, humid area, even if it’s a private home.
If your shop closes unexpectedly, you may be liable for damages, and you should ask your landlord to keep your cigars separate from your belongings.
– The shop must be at least 25 feet from a building entrance.
– If the shop is in a high-crime area, keep a lookout for drug dealers.
– Be sure your store is properly secured, so you won’t have trouble getting into and out of the building.
If the store is not secured properly, you could lose everything.